The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG is a entrance examination in India, for students who wish to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) or postgraduate course (MD / MS) in government or private medical colleges in India. NEET-UG (Undergraduate), for MBBS and BDS courses, will be conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE).
NEET-UG replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) and all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges themselves. However, many colleges and institutes have taken a stay order and conducted private examinations for admission to their MBBS and BDS courses.
Undergraduate courses at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, Postgraduate Institute for Medical Education and Research in Chandigarh, Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research JIPMER are outside the NEET’s purview, as these institutes were set up by separate laws.
Phase One Test
- Supreme Court of India has ordered to conduct the National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) 2016 in Two Phases.
- AIPMT 2016 to be held on 1st May, 2016 shall be phase I of NEET.
- Phase II of NEET for the left out candidates shall be held on 24th July, 2016 by inviting applications with fee.
- Combined result of both the Tests shall be declared on 17th August, 2016.
- CBSE will provide All India Rank. Admitting Authorities will invite applications for Counseling and merit list shall be drawn based on All India Rank.
- The Supreme Court on Monday (11th April, 2016) said admission to private medical colleges will be on the basis of entrance tests conducted under the National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).
- The order will affect over 600 private medical colleges in the country.
- The more Information about NEET-Exam will shortly be announced by MCI (Medical Council of India).
Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Please follow the prescribed exam pattern for NEET UG 2016:
- There will be one paper consist of 180 objective type questions.
- Questions will be asked from Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Candidates can choose either English or Hindi as language of the question paper.
- Exam duration will be of 3 hours.
- Every question will carry 4 marks and one mark gets deducted from the total for each incorrect answer.
- Syllabus: Syllabus for NEET UG will be common as prescribed by the respective authority.