Taking a look at AIPMT 2015 Exam Pattern is beneficial for students as they get an idea about exam duration, number of questions as well as marking scheme. Once you are acquainted with the examination pattern, you can prepare well by concentrating more on areas that you have doubts about. The AIPMT 2015 is scheduled to be held on May 3, 2015.
The AIPMT is an all India level entrance examination conducted in the field of medicine for admission into an estimated number of 2200 seats in MBBS and 300 seats in BDS. These seats are offered in colleges across India comprising 30 Dental and 130 Government colleges, respectively.
AIPMT 2015 Exam Pattern and Marking Scheme
The AIPMT comprises 180 questions. These questions are objective type having four options with a single correct answer. The syllabus of the examination consists of subjects Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Zoology and Botany). The examination is conducted for a time span of 3hours.
Marking and Scoring
- Students need to provide their answers on a machine gradable sheet. For this, they will need to use a Black/Blue Ball Point Pen.
- Every question carries 4 marks. A student is rewarded four marks for every correct answer while a negative marking of one mark is done in the case of a wrong response. No negative marking is done in case a question is left unanswered. Students appearing for the examination are suggested to leave a question blank, in case they are not sure of the answer. If more than one response is recorded for a question, it will be regarded as incorrect with negative marking.
- At the time of evaluation, the Test Booklet code mentioned on side 2 of the answer sheet will be acknowledged as final.
Question Paper Language
- Students appearing for the examination can ask for a paper in either Hindi or English.
- This option should be taken care of while filling the application form and once the option has been exercised, it cannot be changed.
- Candidates selecting English as a medium will be given a Test Booklet only in English while candidates opting for the Hindi option will receive a Test Booklet in Hindi as well as English.
- In the event that there is a conflict in the translation of any question, the question in English will be accepted as final.
It is important to acquire information about the AIPMT 2015 Exam Pattern before you enter the hall. You do not want to face something completely unexpected. Additionally, preparation is of key importance and the right tools must be used to ace in the exam. One such tool available is online test series. These tools allow a student to prepare anytime, anywhere saving on traveling time and costs. Search online and you will be able to find many such packages that not only give you an idea about the pattern of the examination but also help you analyze your own strengths and weaknesses.
Start preparing on time and you will be able to excel at the entrance examination.
Visit AIPMT official site ( aipmt.nic.in ) for latest updates.