The All-India Pre-Medical/Pre-dental test, which is to be conducted on Sunday, May 1st, 2016 is the key for aspiring students to make a brilliant career in the field of medicine. The application form of AIPMT 2016 is available from December 15, 2015. Nevertheless, it thus becomes necessary for all the candidates to ascertain the AIPMT 2016 eligibility criteria before applying. Considering this, we hereby present to you the detailed information regarding the eligibility criteria of AIPMT 2016.
What is 15% All India Quota seats ?
The idea of 15% All India Quota seats is necessary for the understanding of AIPMT 2016 eligibility. We thus try to explain it to you in simple terms.
The States fill up 15% of the Government Medical & Dental Seats on the basis of AIPMT and rest 85% seats on the basis of their own State Level Medical Entrance Exam. Some states/ UTs have fully opted for AIPMT test and will fill 100% of seats on the basis of AIPMT 2016. They are Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Odisha, Rajasthan & Chandigarh.
Reservation of seats in Governement Medical Colleges under 15% all India Quota makes the student eligible to take admission in Government Medical & Dental College across various states except Andhra Pradesh, Telangana & Jammu & Kashmir.
AIPMT Eligibility Criteria 2016
Under 15% All India Quota seats
- He/She has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. course.
- The standard age limit of the student to sit for the examination is 25 years old for general category and 30 years old for SC/ST/OBC.
Candidate must born on or between:
(a) 01/01/87 to 01/01/2000 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
(b) 01/01/92 to 01/01/2000 (Other Category)
Candidates from Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception. If they claim eligibility, they must submit online Self Declaration which will be generated and printed automatically along with confirmation page for the record and to present during counselling.
- The online Self Declaration of the candidates will be verified at the time of counselling and if found to be false at any time, the candidature/admission of such candidates shall be cancelled and criminal proceedings may be initiated against them.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in AIPMT for admission to Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune subject to the fulfillment of eligibility conditions.
Eligibility for seats under the control of participating States/UniversitiesInstitutions / AFMC
- He/she has completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an INDIAN NATIONAL.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) may also appear in AIPMT for admission in seats under the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions subject to rules and regulations of the Government of India, respective State Governments and the University/Institution concerned. OCI candidates may verify eligibility norms of participating States/Universities/Institutions before applying. The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under seats in the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions before applying.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under seats in the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per their rules and regulations.
Also Read: AIPMT Syllabus 2016
Qualification and Qualifying Examination codes
Candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2016 whose result is awaited, can apply and take up exam but they will not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if they do not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling.
The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
The Intermediate/Pre-degree Examination in Science of an Indian University/Board or other recognised examining body with Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Bio-technology (including practical test in these subjects) and also English as a compulsory subject.
The Pre-professional/Pre-medical Examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology & English after passing either the Higher Secondary Examination or the Pre-University or an equivalent examination. The Pre- professional/Pre-medical examination will include practical test in these subjects and also English as a compulsory subject.
The first year of the three years’ degree course of a recognised University with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in these subjects provided the examination is a University Examination and candidate has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio- technology with English at a level not less than a core course.
B.Sc. Examination of an Indian University provided that candidates has passed the B.Sc. Examination with not less than two of the subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany, Zoology)/Bio-technology and further that they has passed the earlier qualifying examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English.
Any other examination which in scope and standard (Last 02 years of 10+2 Study comprising of Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology; Which includes practical test in these subjects) is found to be equivalent to the Intermediate Science Examination of an Indian University/Board, taking Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-technology including practical tests in each of these subjects and English.
You can also check official Information Bulletin for AIPMT 2016 Eligibility Here (go to eligibility section in pdf)
Candidates are advised to regularly check AIPMT website – www.aipmt.nic.in for latest updates/Events/notice.