All India Pre Medical/ Pre Dental Test are a national level entrance examination to the students of Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgeon and Bachelor of Dental Surgery courses offered by the colleges. Universities, Institutions, State Governments are participating in this examination for using its merit list for the admission against the seats under the control. Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), New Delhi has released AIPMT 2016 exam Information.Find below all the required and necessary info about All India Pre Medical/Pre Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT) 2016, for the academic session 2016-17.
AIPMT 2016 Exam Dates
Announced Important dates for AIPMT 2016 exam:
- Starts of online registration: 15th December 2015
- Last date of online registration (without late fee): January 8, 2016 (For fee through e-challan) and January 12, 2016 (For fee through other modes). Last date for successful final transaction of fee applicable for AIPMT 2016 online application January 12, 2016.
- Last date of online registration (with late fee): January 13, 2016 to February06, 2016 (For fee through e-challan) and January 13, 2016 to February 10, 2016 (For fee through other modes). Last date for successful transaction of fee applicable for online AIPMT 2016 application with late fee February 10, 2016.
- Issue date of Admit Card: 1st April 2016
- Date of examination: 1st May 2016 (Sunday) from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm.
- Display of OMR Sheet: Between 19th May, 2016 to 23rd May, 2016 for any three days
- Display of Answer Key: May 24 to May 26, 2016
- Declaration of AIPMT 2016 Result: On or Before June 5, 2016
Read the instructions to register and important date by visiting:
AIPMT 2016 Admit Card
Aspiring candidates can download the AIPMT 2016 admit card from April 1, 2016. To download candidates should visit official website and enter their exam registration number and password. The card would mention details such as name, assigned roll-number, examination centre or the venue, reporting time and etc.
Candidate Login page:
Examination fee for the AIPMT 2016
- General/ OBC Category candidates – INR 1400/- without late fee, INR 2400/- with late fee
- Application fee for the SC/ST/PH candidate – INR 750/- without late fee, INR 2150/- with late fee
AIPMT 2016 Eligibility
Check below the Eligibility for AIPMT 2016 Exam.
The candidate should be 17 years old to appear for the examination as on 31st December, of the year of the examination. The standard age limit of the student to sit for the examination is 25 years old for general category and 30 years old for SC/ST/OBC.
Candidate must born on or between:
(a) 01/01/87 to 01/01/2000 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
(b) 01/01/92 to 01/01/2000 (Other Category)
- Candidate of general category must obtain at least 50 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology. SC/ST/OBC candidate must obtain 45 % marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- A candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12th Standard in 2016 whose result is awaited may apply and take up the said test but he/she shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of Counselling.
- The Higher/Senior Secondary Examination or the Indian School Certificate Examination which is equivalent to 10+2 Higher/Senior Secondary Examination after a period of 12 years study, the last two years of such study comprising of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology (which shall include practical tests in these subjects) and Mathematics or any other elective subject with English at a level not less than the core course for English as prescribed by the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT) after introduction of the 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by the National Committee on Education.
Nationality: Indian nationals and OCI candidates are eligible to appear for the examination.
Check Complete – AIPMT 2016 Eligibility Criteria
Examination pattern and marking scheme of AIPMT 2016
AIPMT 2016 Exam Pattern
The entrance test consists of one paper, comprising of 180 objective type questions with four objectives on the subjects such as Physics, Chemistry and Biology(Zoology+ Botany). The answers shall be marked on a separate designed sheet, using only a ball pen. The allotted duration to complete the examination is 3 hours. The candidate has a leverage to finish the paper either in English or Hindi(Language opted by candidates in application form).
Distribution of Questions
- Physics – 45
- Chemistry – 45
- Zoology – 45
- Botany – 45
- Total – 180 Questions
Each correct answer carry 4 marks however any wrong answers or multiple answers will cost 25 % of the total of question marks.
- For correct answer: +4 marks are given
- For incorrect answer: -1 mark is deducted
Syllabus for AIPMT 2016 Exam
Common syllabus notified by the Medical council of India. Generally, CBSE syllabus taught at 10+2 level.
AIPMT 2016 Syllabus
You can download Syllabus for AIPMT 2016 Here
The official website of the Board for All India Pre Medical/Pre Dental Entrance Test (AIPMT)
www.aipmt.nic.in (All the test related information will be available on this website. Candidates are advised to regularly check AIPMT website for latest updates/Events/notice.)
The official websites for counselling related information under 15% All India seats are:
- Directorate General of Health Services – www.mohfw.nic.in
- Medial Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in
Also Read: How to Crack AIPMT Exam
Complete instruction and official announcement can be viewed here