One of the premier technology institute having a status of Deemed University under the UGC Act, Birla Institute of Technology and Science, conducts BIT Science Aptitude Test (BITSAT) every year. This university level examination is conducted to admit students in undergraduate and postgraduate courses. This online competitive exam is a tough nut to crack.
BITSAT 2017 will be conducted tentatively in last two weeks of May 2017.. BITSAT 2017 will be conducted in India and Dubai. The exam will place students in institutes at three locations viz Pilani, Hyderabad and Goa. Every year around two lakh aspirants strive to secure a seat among 2000 admission seats – 800 in Pilani, 600 in Goa and 600 in Hyderabad – through BITSAT.
Eligibility for BITSAT 2017
- Aspirants must have cleared 10+2 with minimum 75% marks in aggregate from a recognized education board.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics or Biology having at least 60% marks in each subject.
- For admission in B Tech candidates must have passed Class 12 with Mathematics as a main subject.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- Candidates who have passed Class 12 in 2014 are not eligible to apply for this examination.
- If candidates have cleared Class 12 in second attempt, then it will be considered as the last performance of the qualifying examination.
BITSAT 2017 Exam Pattern
- It is a computer-based test.
- Candidates can choose their examination Centre as per their convenience.
- Duration of exam is three hours.
- There will be a total 150 Multiple Choice Questions in Physics, General English, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology.
- For each correct answer, candidate will be rewarded 3 marks and for each incorrect answer 1 mark will be deducted.
Format of Question Paper:
BITSAT question paper consists of 150 questions, which are divided into four parts:
- Physics (40 questions)
- Chemistry (40 questions)
- Mathematics (45 questions)
- English Proficiency (15 questions) and Logical Reasoning (10 questions)
For B.Pharm candidates
- Mathematics or Biology (45 questions)
The candidates have to answer all the questions on computers. The medium of exam is only English.
Also read: How to prepare for BITSAT 2017
The syllabus will be based on the NCERT books for Classes 11 and 12. It is advised to students to go through NCERT textbooks of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology and English to prepare for exam.
Salient Features of BITSAT Exam
- The exam will be online and computer-based.
- Candidates have to mark answers in the computer itself.
- The result for BITSAT 2017 will be displayed on the screen of candidates; in the form of their individual score in the test.
- The candidates will have to thus wait for final merit list only.
- Candidates have to book test slot online as per their convenience and the dates released by the institute towards end of this year.
- Slots for BITSAT 2017 exam will be allotted on first come and first served basis.
BITSAT 2017-Key Information
- The online registration process for BITSAT 2017 will start from last week of December 2016.
- Candidates can only apply via online mode and for that they need to visit the official site (after release of official notice for BITSAT 2017).
- Only permanent citizen of India can attempt this exam.
- To apply, candidates need to register themselves first. After registering successfully, candidates will be given the registration number and password.
- With those registration credentials candidates will have to login there. After that an application form will be displayed which need to be filled with correct details.
- After that candidates have to pay the application fee.
- Payment can be done via online mode by using Credit Card, Debit Card and Net Banking. Candidates can also use the E – Challan from any branch of ICICI bank across the country.
- Finally, take the print out of the filled application form along with the payment receipt and send it to –
The Admissions Officer
BITS, Pilani – 333 031
BITSAT 2017-Important Dates To Remember
- Beginning of online registration – Third week of December 2016
- Dead line for getting receipt of application – Third week of February 2017
- Date to receive examination’s date and centre – First half of March 2017
- Start uploading Hall Ticket – Second half of April 2017
- Date of the examination – Second half of May 2017
- Commencement of academic session– Last week of June 2017
The official brochure will be released towards end of 2016. All the dates mentioned here are tentative. We will update this post with the final dates as soon as official notification is out.
- Pilani Campus: Bachelor in Engineering (Chemical, Civil, Electrical and Electronics, Computer Science, Electronics and Instrumentation, Manufacturing and Mechanical)/ B.Pharm/ M.Sc (Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics and General Studies).
- At KK Birla Goa Campus: Bachelor in Engineering (Computer Science, Electrical and Electronics, Chemical, Electronics & Instrumentation and Mechanical)/ M.Sc (Chemistry, Economics, Biological Sciences, Mathematics and Physics).
- At Hyderabad Campus: Bachelor in Engineering (Chemical, Electrical and Electronics, Electronics and Communication, Civil, Computer Science, Electronics and Instrumentation, Mechanical and Manufacturing)/B.Pharm/ M Sc (Biological Sciences, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Economics).
Candidates appearing BITSAT 2017 entrance exam are advised to regularly check official website – www.bitsadmission.com for information on BITSAT and BITS Admissions.