Considered to be one of the most important test for students aspiring to make their career in the field of science and technology, The Birla Institute of Technology and Science Admission Test (BITSAT) is the entry ticket to all the Integrated First Degree programmes of BITS, Pilani, at Pilani campus, Goa campus, and Hyderabad Campus. The institute reputed for its high standard of teaching and secure future for its students is sought after many aspiring students. BITSAT 2016 is conducted online for a specific time in the year. So candidates can choose to take the test accordingly. To make your work less cumbersome, we have, in the following section, some important information regarding BITSAT test for the academic year 2016-17 which you should definitely look at.
Information About BITSAT-2016
BITSAT 2016 Important Dates
Announced Important dates and deadlines for BITSAT 2016 exam:
- Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2016: 5 March, 2016
- Revision/Editing in the application form by candidates: 6 – 7 March, 2016
- Test center allotment and announcement to candidates: 8 March, 2016
- Candidates to reserve Test dates: 21 March – 10 April 2016
- Candidates to download the Hall tickets with instructions: 20 April – 30 April 2016
- BITSAT Online tests: 4 May – 28 May 2016
- Candidates to apply for admission with 12th marks and Preferences to Degree programmes: 20 May – 30 June 2016
- Admit List and Wait List announcement: 1 July, 2016
BITSAT 2016 Application Form
The application form of BITSAT 2016 is available from January 8, 2016. Deadline to apply for BITSAT-2016 online along with the fee payment is 5th March 2016, 5 PM.
How to Apply:
- Candidates should register their names for BITSAT-2016 by applying in the prescribed application form online.
- Enter name, gender, date of birth and email-id. Complete the application form online at http://www.bitsadmission.com and pay the prescribed fees.
After successful completion, the candidates must take a print-out for future reference. Candidates are not required to send any document by post.
A candidate can apply online only once for BITSAT 2016. However, if a candidate discovers any mistake in the form submitted by him, he/she can apply online second time and send a letter to admission office BITS, Pilani mentioning the earlier application number, which will be cancelled.
- The prescribed fee for BITSAT 2016 is Rs. 2200/-(Rs.1700/- for female candidates).
- If a candidate chooses Dubai as a test center the application fee for both male and female candidates will be same and will be US $ 50 (or Indian Rs. 3000/- ). are available at the website while applying online.
Url to check application status:
How this exam is different?
“Computer Based Online test” means the candidate sits in front of a computer and the questions are presented on the computer monitor and the candidate answers the questions on the computer through the use of keyboard or mouse. Each computer is connected to a server, which prepares the question set and delivers it to the candidate on the computer. This is unlike the traditional paper-pencil based test, which is generally offered on a single day to all candidates. BITSAT-2016 will be offered over a period of time and the candidate can choose the Center, the Day and Time of his/her convenience to take the test, as described in the later sections.
Eligibility Criteria for BITSAT 2016
- Students must have passed the 12th examination from a recognized central or state board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics. Also, they must have adequate proficiency in English.
- For admission to B.Pharm.: Candidates should have passed the 12th examination of 10+2 system from a recognized Central or State board or its equivalent with Physics, Chemistry, and Biology and adequate proficiency in English. However candidates with PCM may also apply for Pharmacy program.
- Only Students who are appearing for 12th examination in 2016 or who have passed 12th Examination in 2015 are eligible to appear in the BITSAT-2016 test. If a candidate has taken more than one attempt in 12th class or its equivalent, only his latest performance is considered, provided this attempt has been for the full component of subjects/courses prescribed. Students who have passed 12th examination in 2014 or earlier are NOT eligible to appear in BITSAT-2016.
- The candidate should have obtained a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics subjects (if he/she has taken Mathematics in BITSAT) or a minimum of aggregate 75% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects (if he/she has taken Biology in BITSAT) subjects in 12th examination, with at least 60% marks in each of the Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics / Biology subjects.
- Admissions will be made purely on merit. The merit position of the candidate for admission will be based on the score obtained by the candidate in the BITSAT-2016.
- Direct Admission to Board Toppers: First rank students of all the central and state boards in India for the year 2016 will be given direct admission to the program of their choice, irrespective of their BITSAT-2016 score as per the eligibility criteria mentioned above.
BITSAT 2016 Syllabus
2016 test will be conducted on the basis of NCERT syllabus for 11 and 12 class. A sample test demonstrating the features of BITSAT will be made available to the registered candidates at the BITS website on which he/she can practice as many times as desired.
Read BITSAT 2016 Detailed Syllabus here
From April 20 – April 30, 2016 candidates will be able to download BITSAT 2016 Admit Card/Hall Ticket with instructions, from the website.Only Candidates with the hall ticket will be allowed inside the test centers.
BITSAT 2016 Exam Pattern
All questions will be of objective type (multiple choice questions); each question with choice of four answers, only one being correct choice. Each correct answer fetches 3 marks, while each incorrect answer has a penalty of 1 mark (-1mark).
|Subject||Number of questions|
|Part III||i) English Proficiency
ii) Logical Reasoning
|Part IV||Mathematics or Biology (For B.Pharm candidates)||45|
You can also explore our BITSAT online test series
BITSAT Sample Papers
Practicing Sample Papers of BITSAT 2016 will be helpful to candidates to know their strong and weak areas.
You can download BITSAT Sample Test from official site by visiting:
BITSAT Score Report
At the completion of the test, the computer will announce the result to the candidate in terms of number of total correct answers and wrong answers, with the score. The candidate can also check and print his score report at the BITS website after all the tests are completed.
Procedure for Applying for Admission
In addition to applying and appearing for BITSAT 2016, candidates have to also apply for admission to BITS giving details of their 12th marks and preferences to different degree programmes offered. The prescribed application form for admission, the detailed application procedure, details of academic flexibility such as Dual Degree, Transfer etc ; admission modality and the final list of Degree programmes offered will be available at the BITS website, by 20th May 2016. The completed form with the required application fee has to be submitted so as to reach the under-mentioned on or before 5.00 PM on 30th June 2016.
The Dean Admissions,
Pilani – 333 031
All information and communications regarding BITSAT-2016 and Admission to BITS are made available to the registered candidates on the BITS website – www.bitsadmission.com Candidates are advised to regularly check website for all related information on BITSAT and BITS Admissions.
Also Read: Tips to crack BITSAT 2016