One of the best colleges in India for Science and Technology is the BITS Pilani. However, getting admission into the college is not easy. The selection rate of BITS is only 1.71% which is actually even lower than that of the IITs. In order to get through to the Pilani Campus and secure a seat, a student needs to have a BITSAT score of more than 300. But, the question is how to crack BITSAT?
There are several links on the Internet that provide tips to help you score well in the examination. Nonetheless, before you read the tips, it is important that you understand the basics of BITSAT:
- The examination is an online computer based test.
- The BITSAT is conducted for a specific period of time throughout the year. Candidates can choose a date and center based on their convenience.
- There are a total of 150 questions in the examination. Once the 150 questions are attempted, there are 12 bonus questions.
Top 10 Tricks on How to Crack BITSAT
While you prepare for the BITSAT examination, you would need to have the appropriate syllabus, the concentration and the schedule that would help you come out with flying colors. Here are a few tricks on how to crack BITSAT. These would help you score more than 300:
- Prepare as per the BITSAT syllabus provided in the brochure. The brochure is easily available online.
- All the topics covered in BITSAT are not covered in IIT-JEE. Revise all the topics that you are comfortable with so that you can make the most of these easy scoring sections. All formulas should be memorized by heart. Your speed is of immense importance in the BITSAT.
- Once revision of old topics is complete, spend an hour per day on new topics.
- The subjects included in the BITSAT include Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, English Proficiency and Logical Reasoning. Have all the Mathematical formulas on your tips. Write down vital chemical reactions, particularly from Organic Chemistry so that you have them handy when required.
- A lot of practice is required in the subject of Mathematics. The subject is more mechanical than logic based; therefore you need to use brain power. Time is spent in solving these problems, so you need to have a good speed to solve them.
- It is important for you to attempt 100 questions correctly. Negative marking also exists in the BITSAT. Therefore, to remain on the safer side, you should attempt a minimum of 120 questions. Answering 120 questions correctly means a score of 360 which is suitable for admission into BITS Pilani.
- To be able to attempt 120 questions in all, divide the examination in such a manner that you attempt 20 questions in English and logical reasoning, 35 each in Chemistry and Mathematics and 30 in Physics.
- Start the paper with a subject that you are competent with, moving on to English and Logical Reasoning. This strategy turns out to be extremely effective.
- Spend only one minute per question in the beginning one and a half hour of the examination. Wasting too much time on a question in the beginning could result in chaos in the end.
- There are several BITSAT online test series available on the web. These mock tests improve your skills at attempting the paper. Not just that, they also give you the patience to sit in front of a computer for 3 hours nonstop.
If you have enough information about BITSAT, and know how the paper has to be attempted, there will be no confusion and the paper will seem like a cakewalk. There are several unique attributes of BITS institute which sets it apart from the IIT, making the college a dream institute for students.