We all start with the target of studying for 10 hours in one go and finishing the syllabus but what actually happens is that we study only for 4 to 5 hours and the rest of the time goes in watching TV, using the phone or sleeping. So how can students maintain their concentration and get maximum results from their study schedule? Students need practice and determination but this cannot be attained in a single day. A lot of planning and hard work needs to go in to remain focused. You require energy, time and effort to be able to study for long hours, and to acquire these, you require a vision.
As Benjamin Franklin correctly said, “By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail.”
Preparation is the key to success in examinations and the way you prepare matters. Here are a few tips that can help you gain persistence and keep you with your books for long:
- Plan the subjects you will be covering during the day. If you know what you want to achieve and have everything planned, you will be able to go through the process easily. Prioritizing what needs to be done in one go will make sure that you are organized and no time is wasted.
- Take breaks. Breaks are an essential part of your preparation. However, make sure that these breaks do not get extended for very long. Take a nap or meditate because your mind needs to relax.
- Find someone around you and teach them what you have learnt. This is an effective way to revise. They could ask you questions and help you prepare in a better manner. If there is no one around you, perform a mock test for your own self. Read aloud everything you’ve gone through. This activity will also help you remain alert and awake.
- Exercise. This does not mean that you do 100 pushups or hit the gym. Take a brisk walk or do some light workout. You will feel refreshed.
- Motivate yourself to be genuinely interested in what you are studying. Love what you do. Try to find the beauty of every subject, and most importantly try to link it with the things that interest you.
- Focus on studying without being distracted. Don’t allow anything to distract you from studies.
If you feel you are well prepared, you will be able to give your exams with confidence. Don’t let yourself fall down.
Check videos below for more tips on how to study for long hours.
How to study for long hours?
How to Study for a Long Time without Getting Bored?
Also Read: How to Revise Effectively for Exams?