What is AIPMT?
The All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) is a college entrance examination conducted in India on a yearly basis. The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) organizes the examination, passing which students are entitled to get admission into MBBS and BDS courses in various medical colleges around the country. However, the examination went through certain modifications in 2014.
At present, there are only 15% seats reserved for medical and dental colleges operated by the Union of India, state governments, municipal, or other local authorities in India, excluding Andhra Pradesh, Jammu & Kashmir and Telangana. Read on to find out more information about AIPMT, exam dates, patterns and application form.
About AIPMT Exam Eligibility Criteria
Candidate should know about AIPMT exam eligibility. There are certain criteria that the students must pass in order to be eligible for the entrance exam. Here are some of the important highlights:
- When filling out AIPMT application form, a student must be 17 years old as on or before December 31 of the year of admission.
- The maximum age limit up to which a student can appear for the entrance examination is 25. This is also calculated on the basis of age on or before December 31 of the year of the examination. A relaxation of 5 years is given to people who belong to the SC/ST and OBC.
- Candidates awaiting the results of intermediate examinations can apply.
- It is important for candidates to pass examinations in subjects such as Physics, Chemistry, Biology and English. Qualifying marks in these examinations are 50% or equivalent as estimated by the regulations of the Medical Council of India or the university applied to.
AIPMT Exam Date and Pattern
AIPMT Entrance Exam is scheduled tentatively in the month of May. The registration process begins in December and Admit Cards are available in the month of April.
The pattern of the examination has been going through changes since 2010. The examination was for a while taken over by the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET-UG), however, it was restored with significant changes, one of which eliminated the examination’s two stage format.
The syllabus for the examination is prescribed by the CBSE authority. There are a total of 180 multiple choice questions with maximum marks totaling to 720. The subjects of the examination are Physics, Chemistry, Botany and Zoology.
- The question booklet is divided into four sections.
- It can be appeared for in both Hindi and English.
- Questions will be formulated on the basis of syllabus in high school and at intermediate level.
- Every question carries 4 marks. Negative marking of one mark is done for every wrong answer. However, no negative marking is done in case the answer is left blank.
- Candidates scoring above 520 can get admission into medical colleges.
When it comes to the preparation of medical exam, students are confused about where they should start from. This is when AIPMT online test series come into play. Students must read and prepare the course material that they have and then practice through mock tests available online. These help in making concepts stronger and ensure that you give the final examination with more confidence and skills.
AIPMT application form
Candidate can apply only by visiting AIPMT Official site