JEE Main, or commonly known as Joint Entrance Exam, is one of the most important examination conducted by Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). Every year, thousands of applicants appear for this examination to get an entry admission to Bachelors of Engineering course in prestigious engineering colleges. JEE Main is one of the famous and recognized levels of exam for 10+2 candidates to get entry to seek admission in IIT as well.
With CBSE realizing the notifications for JEE Main 2016 Entrance Exam, below are some details listed for all the aspiring candidates.
JEE Main 2016 Application Form
Candidates can apply to appear in JEE Main-2016 from December 1, 2015. The last date to apply December 31, 2015. Online application has to be submitted through JEE Main official website – www.jeemain.nic.in
Candidates should furnish all the details and upload scanned image of his/her photograph, signature and left hand thumb impression while filling up the Online Application. Candidates are required to take a print out of the computer generated acknowledgment slip after successful submission of data and payment of fee and keep the same in the safe custody for any future reference.
Candidates can fill JEE Main 2016 Application form by visiting:
JEE Main 2016 Eligibility
There are important and strict eligibility criteria, fixed by the Board for the examination. One has to take make sure to follow the criteria before appearing for the JEE Main 2016 exam.
Date of Birth
- The general category candidates must bear on or after 1st October 1991 and the Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Person with Disabilities (PwD) candidates must bear on or after 1st October 1986. There is no minimum age limit for the JEE Main 2016. (Note: Date of birth mentioned in Secondary Education Board/University certificate will only be considered.)
- Students who are going to appear for the qualifying exam may also appear for the JEE Main 2016 exam.
Year of Appearance in Qualifying Examination (QE)
- Only those candidates who have passed their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2014 or 2015: or those who are appearing in their Class 12th Exam or any equivalent qualifying examination in 2016 are eligible to appear in JEE Main – 2016.
- As per JEE Main Eligibility Criteria, those candidates who are appearing for exam in 2016 are also eligible, only if they provide the result of their exam at the time of admission.
- Candidates must have taken at least 5 subjects in class 12th/qualifying examination in order to be eligible.
- Candidates, who have passed class 12th/qualifying examination in 2013 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2017 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2016.
- Candidates who appeared in class 12th/equivalent qualifying Examinations in 2013, did not pass in 2013, but passed in 2014 are also not eligible.
Number of attempts
The number of attempts which a candidate can avail at JEE (Main) shall be limited to three.
Number of attempts and age limit for the states Of odisha –
The age limit, for admission to institutions in the state of Odisha which were earlier admitting candidates based on their Sate level examinations, will be as per their past practice only. The Number of attempts in such cases will also remain same as per their past practice. This will, however, be obviously not applicable for admission to IITs/NITs/IIITs/CFTIs.
JEE Main 2016 Admit Cards
The admit card of JEE Main 2016 would be available on the official website from the First week of March, 2016. One can download their admit card from the website as well. To download the E-Admit card, it will require JEE Main 2016 registered number or application number, date of birth and password.
Check the link here to download admit card.
JEE Main 2016 Exam Dates
The important dates for the prestigious JEE Main 2016 Entrance Exam.
Online Application: 1 December, 2015
Last date for online submission : 31 December, 2015
Download Admit Card : 1st week of March, 2016
JEE Main 2016 Offline examination -Pen and Paper Based Examination for Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.) and Paper 2 (B. Arch./ B. Planning): April 03, 2016
Online examination (Computer Based Examination) for Paper 1 (B.E./B. Tech.) Only: April 09, 2016 & April 10, 2016
Official answer keys along-with the OMR sheets : 4th week of April 2016
JEE Main 2016 Results: April 27, 2016
All India Rank(AIR) declarations: On or Before June 30, 2016
Availability of score/rank cards: After the Declaration of AIR
Regularly visit JEE (Main) official site http://jeemain.nic.in to know about any changes/updates on JEE MAIN 2016.
JEE Main paper is set of 90 questions belonging to each subjects – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Each subjects will consists of 30 questions with a duration of 3 hours assigned to complete. Negative marking is strictly followed in the respective paper.
Explore our JEE Main Online Test Series to practice for JEE Main 2016 online. It provides quality questions based on the pattern to evaluate your preparation, giving you fair idea about your weak areas in the exam syllabus, helping to strong your basics before the main exam.
Also read: Tips to Crack JEE main