NEET (UG) 2016
The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test or NEET-UG 2016 is a competitive examination for those seeking admission in medical courses in reputed institutes or colleges in India. Students, interested to study any graduate medical course (MBBS), dental course (BDS) in government or private medical colleges in India have to clear the NEET (UG) 2016 to pursue these courses.
Conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE), NEET 2016 has replaced the All India Pre Medical Test (AIPMT) as well as all individual MBBS exams conducted by states or colleges across the country.
AIPMT, which was held on May 1, 2016, is considered first phase of the NEET. Students who have registered for NEET 2016 Phase 2 will appear in an exam to be conducted on July 24, 2016. NEET 2016 will be conducted in a pen and paper based mode at various designated centers across India. Check below for the NEET 2016 exam eligibility criteria, exam pattern, important dates, admit card etc.
NEET 2016 Important Dates
Announced Important dates for NEET-II 2016 exam:
- NEET 2016 Phase 2 application form: May 26, 2016
- Last date to fill NEET 2016 Phase 2 application form: June 21, 2016 (For fee through e-challan) and June 25, 2016 (For fee through other modes)
- Last date for successful final transaction of fee: June 25, 2016
- Issue date of Admit Card: July 8, 2016
- Date of NEET–II 2016 Exam: July 24, 2016 (Sunday)
- Display of OMR Answer Sheet: August 4 to 6, 2016
- Display of NEET 2016 Phase 2 Answer Key: August 7 to 9, 2016
- Declaration of Combined Result of NEET-I & NEET-II: Will be intimated through website – http://aipmt.nic.in
Read the instructions to register and important date by visiting:
Examination Pattern of 2016 NEET (UG) Phase 2
The NEET-II shall consist of one paper containing 180 objective type questions (four options with single correct answer) from Physics, Chemistry and Biology (Botany & Zoology).
- Language of Paper: English or Hindi
- Types of questions: Multiple choice questions with single answer correct
- Number of Questions: 180
Distribution of Questions
- Physics – 45
- Chemistry – 45
- Zoology – 45
- Botany – 45
Total – 180 Multiple Choice Questions
Each correct answer carry 4 marks however any wrong answers or multiple answers will cost 25 % of the total of question marks.
- For correct answer: +4 marks are given
- For incorrect answer: -1 mark is deducted
National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) II will be conducted on Sunday, the 24 th July,2016 from 10:00 am to 01:00 pm. The duration of test would be 3 hours.
Who can apply for NEET Phase 2 exam
Indian Nationals and Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for appearing in the NEET 2016 (UG) Phase 2. As per the directives of the Supreme Court following candidates can apply in NEET-II:
- Left out candidates who could not register in AIPMT-2016/NEET-I.
- Candidates who were registered in AIPMT-2016/NEET-I but could not appear in NEET-I.
- Candidates who were registered in AIPMT-2016/NEET-I and had appeared but have apprehension that they had not prepared well subject to submission of an undertaking to give up their candidature for NEET-I 2016.
NEET 2016 Phase 2 (UG) exam-Eligibility and Qualifications
Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- The candidate must have completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December, 2016 of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year M.B.B.S./B.D.S. Course.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under 15% All India Quota Seats is 25 years as on 31st December of the year of the entrance examination. Further provided that this upper age limit shall be relaxed by a period of 5 (five) years for the candidates of Scheduled Castes/ Scheduled Tribes/Other Backward Classes.
- Candidate must born on or between
(a) 01/01/87 to 01/01/2000 (SC/ST/OBC Category)
(b) 01/01/92 to 01/01/2000 (Other Category)
Candidates from Andhra Pradesh,Telangana and J & K
- Students from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K are NOT ELIGIBLE for 15% all India quota seats as these States had opted out of All India Scheme since its inception.
- Candidates from the States of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and J & K can appear in NEET–II for admission to Private Medical/Dental Colleges or any Private/Deemed University and Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune.
Eligibility for seats under the control of States/Universities/Institutions
- The candidate completed age of 17 years at the time of admission or will complete the age on or before 31st December of the year of his/her admission to the 1st year MBBS/BDS Course and is an Indian National.
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCI) are eligible for admission in Medical/Dental Colleges subject to rules and regulations framed by the respective State Governments and the Government of India.
- The upper age limit for candidates seeking admission under seats in the control of participating States/Universities/Institutions shall be as per their rules and regulations.
- Candidate must have passed in the subjects of Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology and English individually and must have obtained a minimum of 50% marks taken together in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/ Bio-technology at the qualifying examination. In respect of candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribes or Other Backward Classes, the marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Biotechnology taken together in qualifying examination be 40% instead of 50% for General candidates. Further, for persons for locomotory disability of lower limbs, the minimum of 45% marks for General-PH and 40% marks for SC-PH/ST-PH/OBC-PH are required.
- Candidate who is appearing in the qualifying examination, i.e., 12 th Standard in 2016 whose result is awaited, may apply and take exam however candidate shall not be eligible for admission to the MBBS or BDS, if he/she does not pass the qualifying examination with the required pass percentage of marks at the time of first round of counselling.
NEET 2016 Admit Card
Aspiring candidates can download the NEET 2016 Phase 2 admit card from July 8, 2016. To download candidates should visit official website and enter their exam registration number and password. The card would mention details such as name, assigned roll-number, examination centre or the venue, reporting time and etc.
Candidate Login page:
The official website of the Board for National Eligibility Cum Entrance Test (NEET) is www.aipmt.nic.in (All the test related information will be available on this website. Candidates are advised to regularly check website for latest updates/Events/notice.)
The official websites for counselling related information under 15% All India seats are:
- Directorate General of Health Services – www.mohfw.nic.in
- Medial Counselling Committee – www.mcc.nic.in
- For remaining seats, candidates can check the website of concerned State(s)/Institution(s)
Information Bulletin (NEET-II 2016)
Check below for the complete information on NEET-II 2016 as published on official site – aipmt.nic.in
You can download pdf version of nformation Bulletin (NEET-II 2016) here